I have been living in beautiful Sydney for about five years now and so I think I’ve had ample time to discover many of the amazing places that the city has to offer and so I’ve complied a list of my top 10 things that I would do if I was a tourist in Sydney.
Top 10 (in no particular order)
1. Get lost in the Royal Botanic Gardens but make sure you find the stairs near Mrs Macqauries Chair for great views of both the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
2. Drink a cocktail at the Shangri-La Blu Bar on 36
3. Get a group of friends together and have brunch at Kazbah in Balmain and make sure someone orders the French Toast
4. Get up early and stroll around the Paddington Markets and afterwards walk down Oxford St and check out the boutiques. If you get tired from wandering stop in at Alimentari Cafe on William St for what my friends and I say makes one of the best coffees in the Eastern Suburbs
5. Put your walking shoes on and walk the Bondi to Bronte coastal walk and if you have the time and energy walk further onto Clovelly and Coogee
8. Have a Sunday afternoon session at North Bondi Italian and watch the beautiful people
9. For a one-stop shop, head to Bondi Junction Westfield, it has pretty much everything you could want under the one roof
10. Take a day trip to Manly on the ferry and see how absolutely beautiful and big Sydney really is. Before you get on the ferry back to the city, stop and have a drink or two at Hugos on the wharf.
And although I do have my favourite places, I do love to discover new ones. That is one of the things I love about living in a larger city, you have never seen everything or been everywhere.